You Are Invited
Open House for Water Education Center
Join us from noon to 2 p.m., Wednesday, June 27th
301 N. Primrose Road, Lowell, Ark.
Take a guided tour of the Water Education Center!
Light Refreshments (hot dogs & chips) will be served.
Short Program at 12:30 p.m.
The Center includes:
* Scale Drinking Water Plant Model
* Interactive Kiosks exploring History of Water, Water Treatment, and Watersheds
* Wall Size Watershed Map
* Scavenger hunt and Beaver Lake Watershed Passport and Stickers for Children
* LID (Low Impact Development) Walking Tour
* LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Building information
In March of 2011, Beaver Water District was awarded a three-year grant of $229,250 from The Walton Family Foundation to enhance and accelerate the creation of a comprehensive Water Education Center. The Water Education Center is designed to educate both children and adults about the value of drinking water and stewardship of the watershed as a natural resource. The Water Education Center’s instructional opportunities go hand-in-hand with the District’s K-12 programs for the schools. For more information, visit www.bwdh2o.org. Beaver Water District supplies drinking water to more than 300,000 people and industries in Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville and surrounding areas, or one in 10 Arkansans.
Amy Wilson, Director of Public Affairs
Beaver Water District
301 N. Primrose Road, Lowell, AR 72745
“Thousands have lived without love, not one without water."